Tuesday 28 October 2014

Gift From Salk, Thank you Doc!



It is difficult to do spend an entire life,
Without the presence of loved ones.
It is even more difficult to face the harsh world,
When some parts of your body are gone.

But when I look at my baby angel at night,
Sleeping so peacefully in the rocking cradle.
I take a deep breath of hope and satisfaction,
That she will not have to face the cruel consequences.

How important can 2 drops be for a better life?
People question and they need to understand.
How is to not feel the presence of your limbs,
Ask those who suffer, so never take a chance.

100 years have passed of this legend that once walked,
Making the dust beneath his feet feel proud.
Finding a cure against this deadly disease,
Is as big as protecting the children of future in a shroud.

While my crutches have become a part of me,
And of those who have suffered the pain.
May the future generation never even get to see this,
2 drops should never be forgotten, even in vain.

Read my other poems: 
Story Series:

Please follow us on twitter and also +1 the post on GooglePlus. I thank you very much for visiting my blog. I would also like to pay my respects to Dr. Salk for discovering the polio vaccine (inactivated).

 Note: The image used is not mine and not intended for commercial uses. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment