Wednesday 5 November 2014

The New Girl In Class Ep. 8 - From a Boy to a Man.

Transcending & transforming have always been in the root events of evolution or devolution. Either it can be transcending from an era of darkness towards enlightenment or sometimes an antipodal leap can be devastating and can cause a catastrophic calamity.


Sounds so heavy? I am just trying to bring out the Shakespeare in me.

Recently, I met Sourav at a wedding ceremony of a distant relative of mine that if asked about the relation in the form of a question in some bank entrance exam or public service commission exam then it would make the applicants scratch their head for a while. My main motive of going to a marriage with my parents is to please my tummy and give a small thanks-giving party to it for providing such valuable and constant service so that it doesn't get upset. Cause if it does then a lot of my time is spent in the toilet. Which I really don’t like.


While trying to load my mouth with 3 puris and halwa at once to check my limits I saw him standing at a distance alone with a glass of water in his hand. Lately, I have been into Sherlock series aired on BBC and have learned some detective tips from it for sure. I could judge by his clean and dried fingers and pinkish lips that he hadn't eaten anything. I knew he was back from his P.G as it was his holidays but he should have been eating like an anaconda as much as I knew him. The cuisine served in the marriage was an Indian and Vietnamese combo. The hot sauce and red juicy chicken curry made every attendant’s lips red and made their mouth burn. But he showed none of the symptoms. I walked close up to him to find out an amazing change in him. He was looking handsome as ever. His eyes reflected his inner spark, his obese body was now fat-less and toned. His face once round was now somewhat elongated and he had a goatee now. I saw some girls standing behind some staring at him and smiling among themselves which reminded me of how we would keep looking at girls in marriages.

I couldn't control my curiosity and finally I asked him if this sudden change was for some girl. He narrated me his whole story after which i couldn't just control laughing. I had something like this in my mind and wanted to blog about it. He stared narrating...

5th December

While reading an article about the art of manliness i found out that every article stressed on dressing the proper way. Grooming was a compulsory method to get a girl's attention. Dressing up the proper way reflects your character and it makes the basis of judgement that someone can make about you without even knowing you by your physique. Dressing like a man and not a boy is an important clause here. I once read an article that girls always try to find their father in their partners as he is the only man whom she could blindly trust and who would never break her heart. The problem was that her father was an orthodox Punjabi who wore kurta and lungi most of the time. Its amazing that such a classy and modern girl with such sense of fashion was a daughter of him. 

After spending 6 hours: 32minutes: 40 seconds researching about grooming i finally got up, grabbed my wallet and went straight to the supermarket. I took Rajat with me. He was an expert with hairstyles, waxes and perfumes and an expert always proves beneficial. My wallet was full of coupons and some cash. Earlier i got so many coupons but i didn't ever imagine in my dreams that i would be needing them to buy cosmetics. If my father would see me now he would be flabbergasted to know how a boy who only applied hair-oil was now applying pomade and serums to his hair. As soon as we got to the supermarket we took a lift to the cosmetics section and then just jumped on. I picked up a basket and Rajat started throwing items in it at an amazing speed. He was describing the products so fast that even the salesgirl standing there was attracted to him. He paused for a second but as i was in motion and i collided with him. He turned back and asked "what's your budget". I replied "Rs. 1000". He gave an evil smile and said "lets rob the house".
His expertise was not to be questioned. From shampoos to face-masks to creams to all stuffs he had the knowledge of every brand. In the pile of products in the basket, i saw a Kesh kala. I was about to sing 'surakshit kalev mere baal vasmol ne kiya kamal'. But i resisted. 

The basket was so heavy that it seemed like i almost dumped the basket at the cash counter. The counter girl was shocked for sure. The next day i went to an expensive salon and got a cool haircut called 'undercut'. The sides and back trimmed and spiky on the top. I was just hoping that my parents wouldn't come to visit me this month or a war was expected. I returned to the PG and took a shower and then shampooed my hair and then conditioned it. The next day in the morning before class Rajat made up my hair. When i entered the Institute i felt like all eyes were on me. I was walking with my spine straight up, the imported deo diffusing out my body, my face shining and my eyes gleaming with confidence. As soon as i entered the class everyone was so amazed that i saw some open mouths. I was feeling the power of confidence and that feel was just something different.

Every teacher that came to the class didn't recognize me and asked who the new boy was!

During a conversation with Jasleen, i couldn't stop myself from making cheesy comments. It made her blush for sure. Taking advantage of the situation i asked her out for a movie with me the next holiday. 

"Well it seems you are busy but I think you would love to go out for a movie with me, who knows you may really start to like me".

What? She agreed. Get ready boy. Next stop PVR and CCD. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment