Sunday 26 October 2014

Father Of A Teen



Time is changing for sure,
But in which way?
Children wanting to grow up fast
Adults to become they say.

They want to enjoy their lives,
Party hard all night and play.
Come back home in morning
All drunk up and sleep all day.

Nocturnal creatures they say they are,
Wild and Free.
Never try to stop them for they are
Rebels who are born and live free.

Explore new things, curious all day.
Want the things out of their reach
Cause money is nothing but for
Fashion, luxury and show-off they say.

'Grow up Dad!' She says, its my life.
I can mess around with anyone.
Don't you dare intervene in my business
Cause nobody can deprive me from my birthright.

People define this as generation gap.
But we have seen the world we say.
For its good and bad and the words we say,
is for your own good so we pray.

Technology is becoming smarter,
but are they smart enough today?
Hybrid views have become prominent.
But life is unstable, no peace no atonement.

Maybe its just me, who keeps fussing around,
Finding out nooks, can't adjust in this age now.
So, maybe I didn't see it coming my way.
I am the father of an adult teen now.

If you liked the poem please follow me on twitter and also +1 the post on Google Plus. You can also follow me on linkedin from the sidebar icon. 
For blog updates follow me on Tumblr.

Keywords:

poems for dad
eulogy of dad
from father to daughter.
adolescence puberty.


0 comments:

Post a Comment